Thursday, March 6, 2008

The End of the World as We Know Them

Now here was a reading that I very much enjoyed. I have feelings almost identical to the author’s so winning me over wasn’t hard but I bet he won a whole lot more over.

I liked how he used other societies and compared them to ours. It really does make sense. Knowing and seeing how the 5 piece checklist works sheds new light on how we are destroying ourselves. How we have become our own worst enemy. You can see how changes in our environment impact our future every day. Global warming is becoming more of an issue every day. Why build new dwellings for families and businesses, when there are so many of them available for use. Oh that’s right we have got this incesible need to have something better that the person next door. To keep up with the Jones’ so to speak. The author also mentions our interference in other countries problems. Do we need to take care of them or ourselves? We spend tons of money on wars that we should not be involved in and fighting other peoples battles that we don’t seem get the big picture in our country. We have men, women and children homeless, starving and barely surviving and what do we do about that? Absolutely nothing! We sit back and say that it’s their own fault. But is it? I don’t think so.

Overall, it was a very well written piece and I really liked it.

No comments: