Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Have A Dream

Having read this before it was much easier to see things I may have missed the first time. The writing style is very good and easily understood. I think that is one of the best motivational speeches ever and that Martin Luther King, Jr. was an inspiration to all and still is a big influence today. He uses language that is easily understood and makes sense. We all want freedom and his words make us want it more. We all want to be treated the same, no matter if it is at work, on the street or even in a restaurant. I don’t think that this applies to just skin color either. I believe that the author tries to make us see that it can transformed into any situation. Disability, gender, color, wealth or any other separation we can make can be fit into I Have A Dream. The person in a wheelchair has a dream. The mother who wants to work outside the home, has a dream. The coal miner’s daughter has a dream. Different as their dreams may be, they have them and should be able to pursue them without interference.

No comments: