Thursday, February 21, 2008

The End of the World as We Know Them

As I started to read this essay it struck me funny because my friend and I were just talking about the same thing the other day. In my opinion the author has a good argument and obviously has put some thought into this catastrophic event that has happened many times through out history.Population control is a big one for me because how can you control any of the other factors of world destruction.If it wasn't the Soviet Union,Cuban missle crisis and The Gulf War when I was growing up .Now I have to worry about meteors,asteroids,the polar ice caps,people eating up the planet. Although technology and understanding of the planet and how it works gives us a big advantage over our forefathers. If we are not careful our children will suffer the consequences of our stupidity.Unfortunatly China seems to be the only country taking this seriously.Look at thier economy since the went to having one child.I know this would upset many Americans,but to save future generations this and many other sacrifices may need to be made.

No comments: