Monday, February 18, 2008

Shooting a Elephant

I was not a big fan of this story at the start. I found it to be very boring and it kind of confused me a little bit. However the end is when I started to get interested. There is part of me that understands why he was killing the elephant, because like he said people have to put their dog to sleep if it goes mad and attacks a human. But the other part of me feel very bad for the elephant and feels like it does not need to die. Another part that interested me was at first he said he did not want to kill the elephant and how he had never wanted to kill an elephant, but he goes and does it anyway because of the crowd watching him. He wanted to be accepted by the older men. however in doing so he risked the chance of the younger men being mad at him, which ended up happening. The end of this story to me is the high point of the story, but it is also the saddest part.

No comments: