Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Split at the Root

This reading got a little menotiouse to me.If this is an excerpt of her book "Blood,Bread and Poetry,"it probably has dozens more racial inuendows.I feel she has a lot of issues to deal with not only racialy but socially too.She talks about her father retiring comfortably,which suggests that they lived a modest maybe even in the upper scale of society.Maybe that is why she never heard the racial slurs until she went to college.Unfortunately the Jewish race along with so many cultures have had to endure persecution and some persecuted to the point of extintion.This, at times made me wonder if her parents did not want to accept thier own heritage.Why her father never told her about he "roots".I could tell that there was some conflict with her nationality, being both Jewish and White.I have seen this in biracial children of all races in my life time.I do not know how much of this goes on in society today.Hopefuly the auther will see this end in her lifetime and mybe she will findout her real identity.

No comments: