Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Rake:A few scenes from my childhood

This story made me sad for the author. Having grown up in a loving and caring family, it is a shame to hear about families members that abuse other family members. Even though as a child I did have freinds whose parents were abusive. I am certain it was hard for the author to grow up in the envirinment he grew up in. It seems that he grew up in an upscale type of home and probably had to hide the abuse he and his siter endured. Growing up through the years, I have witnessed the outcomes of abuse on a first hand basis. Even though this is not a disease, it seems to follow a gentic pattern.

2 comments:

Dankline said...

I completely agree on your blog. It was a good writing but to look at it again it must have been horrible to be hit everyday. Mentaly and physical. Thank god that we live in America and that we look down upon abusing families. Even though we have some families that do that at least I can sleep at night knowing that were trying to stop this.

Chris Seich said...

Like Dan said it must be hard being hit everyday i know from personal experience. When i was a very young child about 3-5 years old my mother was married to a man who abused me and my brother physically and mentally. This has stuck in my mind and i don't think it will every go away I. It's a horrible thing to go thought. In the end I think i learned from it that thats not the way to treat someone. Like Dan said at least we are trying to stop it in America