Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Split At The Root

I felt this writing was alright. I didn't see it as being very great but it had its part that were good. The author could not identify what religion she wanted to associate herself with. I felt like she was confused at this point. I think she wanted to be associated with whatever religion would let her be accepted. I felt her mother felt the same way, like when she was applying for colleges. Her mother tells her if any application asks for religion to put "Episcopalian" and not none. Also i was surprised to see that she didn't see the racism till she went off to college. I figured people would have been a little more mature by this time. But then again i guess it still happens today, although i don't know why. People should be mature enough to keep their comments and actions to themselves by the time they reach the college level. Overall this reading was decent, nothing to exciting happening though which makes it a little more boring to read.

No comments: