Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On Stuttering

I enjoyed the reading, at times in my life I also have been in situations to where it seemed as if I couldnt get the words out. After reading further into the essay, the author does an excellent job of making you realize how difficult it is to live as a true stutterer. It was nice to see the author making light of himself in the reading passages. Towards the end of the reading, he does again show how difficult it is to live as a stutterer. In the passages in which he went partially blind and had to rely on speech to communicate when he had almost never talked before. He had virtually eliminated his stutter when he was blind and when he regained his vision he went right back to stuttering which made me feel sorry for him. I myself know people that this has happened too.

1 comment:

Dankline said...

I think that the writing had to be real hard for the author because he may even studder while writing it. I had and still have a small studder. Like air fliter I can't say right and it takes me forever to say it right. I usually get it when I am neverous but very rarely but very good post by the way you really got some high points in it