Thursday, January 24, 2008

Analyzing Texts and Contexts

In the beginning of the reading I really didn't understand what this book was talking about. I thought that I would never going to need to analyze anything in my career. Through the reading I understood what they were trying to get across, finally, that is your going to have to analyze in any or even every career at least a couple of time. If you want to be in art or business or even EMS. Aristole's three appeals logos, pathos, and ethos was one good thing I got out of this reading. I didn't know you had to think like a advertisement rep. when writing a essay or a piece of work. In Amitai Etzioni piece of writing he is absolutely right with how we think we have privacy but we really don't. Just think someone is watching you in the shower for saying bomb on the phone last week. Or someone is hacking into your computer to look up your records. This government of ours is supposedly the best one in the world and that we are free. But there is always a price to be paid to be free. Over all this piece has opened up my eyes. It was a good piece.

No comments: