Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"What's Your Name, Girl?"

I'm going to have to agree with Vickie, the introduction paragraph helped me out with this reading a whole lot. If it wasn't for that I think i would have been very lost. I like it because it shows a brief background of the writer and it gives you a little idea of what kind of things you are going to be reading.

As far as the story goes, I think it was well written. there are many great details that give me a better idea of what is going on. An example of this is when she talks about Mr. Cullinan's daughters and their hair. She gives great details in this part about how their hair is always straight no matter if they go in the rain or if they just wake up. I can relate when she talks about all the different plates, bowls, cups and silverware. I had no idea that there were so many different kinds, and I think many people feel the same way.

Overall I thought this reading was very delightful. However, I really would have been in trouble if it wasn't for that introduction paragraph.

No comments: