Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Making and Supporting Claims

I personally thought this reading on Making and Supporting Claims was very helpful. It has many great details and many great examples on different arguments. I wasn't aware of all the different views, a person had to take in when they are writing and argument. Something else i wasn't aware of was how hard it was to focus on your beliefs and values and also write a good paper at the same time. Before reading this article I did not think about how much i should actually take my views and think about what other people think about them. I think this reading is going to help me out a lot with my writing. I believe it will help me gets my thoughts together better, because it says make sure you analyze your thoughts before writing. I usually do not think much before I write, unless it is a research paper and I have to do outside research. The reading also talked about thinking of counter arguments, which I knew nothing about. All together I think this reading is going to be a huge help in my future papers and writing in general.

1 comment:

Ashley Howard said...

I'm glad you found the reading helpful! It is sometimes hard to think of the reader when you are writing. There are so many things to think about! The reader is your audience, however, so their reaction should always be of your utmost concern.