Thursday, January 31, 2008

Strategies For Invention

Often times I too have difficulty finding inspiaration. There are other times that get inspired about topics that are interesting to you. Learning your topic through insight and others. This allows for a more accurate writing design to support your claims.

Personally, I have done a lot of free writing and brainstorming throughout my adulthood. Looping sounds very interesting. Because it has some advantages. It forces you to free write but you also can locate your intriguing and compelling ideas. It provides a starting point for connecting new loops or ideas.

Even though clustering may be beneficial to other writers, I dont like it personally. I feel this because, when I write single words sporadically, I tend to forget the brainstorm that feeds me the information I want to write. It is much easier for me to take my brainstorm and free write as long as I have the Ideas fresh in my thoughts at the time. Using journalist questions makes me give definitive answers to the who, what, when, where and why questions. It is productive for my writing skills.

The rest of the reading was good. I understand the importance of research in backing up your statements and writing ideas.

1 comment:

Ashley Howard said...

I am glad that you use freewriting and brainstorming when you are writing on your own time. I truly believe it helps with the writing process. It relieves the tension that occurs when you sit down and try to start typing with no idea in your head. (That is horrible!) Nice job on the blog.