Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chapter 2- Thank you Gates!

Throughtout the reading in Chapter 2 I come to realize that I am someone that really looks in depth into the text given. Someone who writes notes, makes ideas about what the writer is saying and compares it to my own life experieneces. After reading the short essay written by Mary Ellen Gates I understood my weaknesses of writing, self doubt. I felt the same way she did when she came into her first day of a college writting class. Possibly scared, nervous and even worried that I couldn't get all my thoughts and ideas out on paper in a proper and correct form. But after reading her story about how she succeeded in that class leads me to believe I can as well. Knowing that I as well send many letters home, being that I am out of state and away from home, tend to struggling with saying what i'm thinking and writing it down. Her ideas about how she at first (just like me) dreaded those essays. But then saw that through time, helped her become a confident writer who is no longer nervous or scared but a student eager to learn and become a better writer. So thank you Gates for giving me more confidence and drive to become the writer I know I can be with a little practice and help from this college writing class.
P.S This chapter also inspired me because of my belief in art (being an art major here) and the ideas of how you practice and get better through time. Because in beginning of the chapter artwork was related to writing and this leads me to believe that my writing can actually improve alot more then I thought.

2 comments:

Ashley Howard said...

I'm very glad that reading this chapter is giving you more confidence and hope that your writing will approve. Confidence is an important factor in good writing. You have to believe in what you are saying, in order for someone else to believe in it! Nice job.

Dankline said...

I agree with you on how you were worried on the first day of college writing I was too. I really didn't think that my writings were going to stand up to college writings. But after I read your Blog and went and read the essay. I really got it. so good job on your post and see you on friday