Thursday, January 31, 2008

Strategies for Invention

Before i read this article i had no idea that invention had anything to do with writing. I guess i never sat down and thought about what invention actually means. Like what we are doing right now,blogging, i would have never thought of this as an invention in a million years until i read this article.

I always have a real hard time coming up with a good topic to write about. But then again most of the time i hate being assigned a topic to write about, because most of the time I can't relate myself to the topic in the least bit. However, I like to use the clustering strategy when I do figure out my topic. I think I use this method the best because most of the time I am not very organized and this method allows me to get all my ideas out and not be very organized. It still works though, when i go back and read what i wrote it all makes sense to me and helps me out big time as far as not losing any of my good ideas and sometimes weeding out the bad ones.

As far as helping me become a better writer, this section does the job. It gives a number of various questions to help me give more detail in my paper. I believe that the "Journalist Questions", Topical questions, and the questions for exploring the topic can help anyone out greatly.

1 comment:

Ashley Howard said...

I am impressed that you like clustering. It is the most work intensive form of brainstorming. Don't worry, you are not alone in having trouble coming up with a topic to write about. Everybody has that problem, I think.