Monday, January 28, 2008

Strategies of Invention

Well, another chapter of great insight. Discovering ideas does tend to be difficult but the strategies given help you get started onto the path of a great paper.

Free writing, looping, and brainstorming are things that I already use and they are a productive part of my personal writing process. These all help me get my ideas together and start to organize them.

Clustering is something that is confusing to me. For some reason, it seems messy and very unorganized. Though that's definitely just my opinion. I’m not sure that this technique would work well for me.

Who, what, where, when, why and how are great questions to ask yourself. I believe that it helps put your thoughts in perspective and helps you see what you already know and what you need to research more. This goes along with the topical questions as well. They both cover the same concept in different ways.

Researching helps you find things out that you may have otherwise left out because of your lack of knowledge. A well-researched paper can help you and your reader(s) get a better understanding of your topic and arguments. This accompanied by a discovery draft can bring about a much better paper.

All in all, this was very helpful again and I can see where some things may work better for some people and maybe not so much for others.

No comments: