Thursday, January 31, 2008

Strategies for Invention

Whenever I start writing I don't brainstorm at all I just let it flow. Maybe that is the probelm with my writing. I do it too fast. I usually sit down wait for a couple of mintues to clear my head and then I'm off. But when your writing about a thesis, and you have a lot to do. For instance looking up material, or resources, for you paper to prove that your thesis is right. You have zero time to brainstorm. I see it as most of the time you don't have time to brainstorm. Why should you waste your time with it. After reading this chapter I understand that brainstorming is very good. Also freewriting and looping, which I've never heard of looping before. Pretty much this reading was good, but I rather read the short stories.

1 comment:

Ashley Howard said...

You know, I never really used to brainstorm either. I would just sit down at the computer and start writing. It wasn't until I was forced to brainstorm, that I realized its benefits. It is hard to start writing. In fact, that is the most difficult part of the whole process, I think. Brainstorming helps alleviate some of that stress. It is an easy way to get your ideas on paper without having to worry if they are grammatically correct or not. You just write freely. Give it a try
!